"Safety in the forefront"
CSI has been working for over 20 years in the field of motor vehicle passive safety, always in accordance with the quality requirements set out in standard UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 17025.
CSI teams of engineers conduct tests according to the most important international standards, including ECE, EU (Europe), FMVSS (U.S.), TRIAS (Japan), ADR (Australia) and GB (China) and work in close coordination with major vehicle manufacturers based in Europe and outside Europe, supporting their testing activities throughout new product development processes, up to the final homologation stage.
CSI laboratories have been approved by the International Automobile Federation (FIA) for the homologation of Formula1 cars, sports cars and the relative components.
CSI is one of Europe's laboratories approved by Euro-NCAP for conducting all the tests designed to assess vehicle safety levels according to the protocols in force
Full Scale Testing
The Crash Test Laboratory of CSI S.p.A. uses the latest and most advanced closed loop propulsion and control technologies and is able to manage and ensure high precision in test performances. It has specific facilities for full-scale front, side and rear tests in accordance with international testing standards, against obstacles of different types and at different speeds.
The laboratory is equipped with filming stations providing sufficient flexibility to capture the collisions from different angles (off and on-board).
CSI S.p.A also has a full range of dummies to carry out the tests according to the applicable testing standards: HII, HIII 5%, 50% and 95%, CRABI, HIII 3YO, 6YO, complete family of Q-dummies, Euro-SID2, World-SID, SID2S.
Main test types include:
- Crash Tests according to the homologation regulations (UN ECE standards, EU directives, FMVSS, TRIAS, GB and ADR);
- Crash Tests according to consumer programs (E-NCAP, US-NCAP, IIHS );
- Dynamic Roll Over;
- Misuse testing.
CSI laboratories support their Clients with the process of development and global level certification of automotive passive safety components through the execution of specific tests according to the applicable regulations. The laboratories also carry out tests on basis of Client specifications at the various product development stages.
With their know-how, CSI technicians are able to support their Clients over the widest range of applications, from those closely associated with structural strength, to the integration of occupant restraint systems within previously characterised structures.
Main types of test:
- Sled test for the development of frontal restraint systems (client specifications)
- Sled test for the development of side restraints (client specifications)
- Sled test for the development of head restraints (E-NCAP protocol, FMVSS202a)
- Sled test for the development of seats (ECE R17, FMVSS207)
- Sled test for the development of child seats (ECE R44, ECE R129, ADAC protocol)
- Ejection mitigation test (FMVSS 226)
- Airbag static firing test (client specifications)
- Low Risk Deployment (LRD) test and Out of Position (OOP) test (FMVSS208)
- Upper interior head impact protection test (FMVSS201U)
- Occupant Protection in Interior Impact test (ECE R21, FMVSS201)
- Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages test (ECE R14, FMVSS210)
- Roof crush resistance test (FMVSS216a, IIHS)
- Side door intrusion test (FMVSS214)
- Steering control system impact protection test (ECE R12, FMVSS203)