“Our tailor-made competitive services”
CSI supports the validation process for powertrains integrated into the vehicle during the various stages of development (engineering mules, prototypes, process checks, preliminary runs), and it does so by applying specific accelerated fatigue protocols to the powertrains, both on dedicated tracks and on specially characterised routes, combined with the use of worldwide real-time engine parameter acquisition systems (REVEAL© software).
CSI evaluates powertrain behaviour and reliability through the direct management of fleets taking part in test missions specially designed for engine system validation and calibration based on the applicable emission and environmental impact standards and regulations.
- Characterisation of specific test missions for all vehicle segments, on external routes and on tracks;
- Accelerated fatigue of the powertrain and assessment of performance and functional degradation;
- Through the use of dedicated instrumentation, organised and structured management of emerging faults, with preliminary and in-depth diagnosis;
- Engine parameter acquisition with REVEAL© software;
- Determination of physical parameters, such as fuel consumption, performance ratings, emissions.
CSI S.p.A. has developed in-house an innovative system for the remote acquisition of vehicle behaviour data. Launched in 2010, the new system is able to collect in real time all the information going through a vehicle’s on-board Electronic Counter Units and CAN network systems and save it automatically in a structured database, so as to facilitate and speed up the diagnosis of emerging faults.
- Mapping and definition of critical threshold performance levels for systems and components
- Evaluation of the performances defined in project specifications
- Immediate pre-diagnosis of nonconforming events
- Accelerated diagnosis and optimisation of problem solving processes
- Support to the experimental evaluation of electronic components and systems at the development stage
- Integration and completion of bench tests on electrical and electronic systems
- Maintenance and predictive diagnostics